When you’re injured in a car or truck accident in Illinois, you might find yourself burdened with medical bills and lost wages. However, if the accident was due to someone else’s negligence, they or their insurance companies should be the ones to handle these expenses. If the insurance company and the responsible party are leaving you high and dry, it’s important to know that you still have options.
An attorney may be able to help you file a lawsuit to recover compensation. A typical case would go like this:
- You and your attorney have an initial consultation to discuss the accident.
- The attorney will begin researching and investigating the crash to determine who was responsible.
- The attorney will file an initial complaint in court.
- Your attorneys will interview the defendants and witnesses under oath.
- Pretrial motions will be filed which can end the case and get a ruling for the victim.
- Failing that, your attorneys may negotiate a settlement before trial with the person responsible.
- If there’s no settlement, a trial will commence, and a judgment will be handed down.
- Even if the judgment goes against the victim, an attorney can file appeals and keep fighting to get the victims compensation.
At Hantla and Hantla, LTD, we have more than 50 years of experience, including 15 years as insiders with the insurance companies. That gives us the expertise to break down accidents, determine fault and build a case to help our clients get compensation for medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering.